Offering a full suite of high-performance sanitizing, surface cleaning and disinfecting products to protect those who matter most.
Blending Room for Various Formulations
Job Recently Filled
Summary: Location – anywhere near a major airport in the Central to Eastern US. Base salary – $200k-$240k (DOE) & bonus target, vehicle allowance, company stock.
This is a new position. Using your expertise in the I&I (Jan/San) market, you’ll develop the strategy, grow sales, and develop a sales team (both direct and indirect channels (distributors).
Our client – Your Future Employer
Our client, a specialty chemical company headquartered in Houston, TX, develops and sells its own line of specialty chemicals in addition to providing contract R&D, contract manufacturing, & toll blending services to clients.
In 2020, they developed and took to market a product line of disinfectants & sanitizers. Customers have been coming back asking if they can develop a complete line of Jan/San cleaning products.
The Role – Director/Vice President Sales
The Board of Directors has approved this & that’s where you come in.
- In essence, you will have the opportunity to develop and grow this new division from the ground up.
- Decide what is needed to have a viable portfolio of products?
- Evaluate the market and provide guidance on the product forms? (Sprays, wipes, concentrates, ready-to-use, etc.)
- Identify and go after the “low hanging fruit” to get volume & sales up first, followed by more “value-oriented” products & sales next (such as “green” cleaners, etc.)
- Determine what the opportunities are for branded products, contract manufacturing for distributor branded products, etc.
As “Director,” you’ll manage the budget, develop the group’s KPIs, set vision, and ensure the group is run well from a business perspective.
As “VP of Sales,” you will find and sell the low-hanging fruit, capitalize on your relationships within the I&I Jan/San industry to develop key accounts and distributor relationships and decide when and where to hire people for your team.
As soon as the low-hanging fruit brings in the cash to support it, up to two additional hires are authorized to help you grow the business.
What you must bring to the table:
- Experience in Industrial & Institutional disinfectants, jan/san cleaning chemicals, sanitizers.
- In-depth knowledge of the various Jan/San product classes (such as hard-surface, floor-care, carpet-care, odor control, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to increase sales to the end-user markets (contract cleaning companies, health care, nursing homes, restaurants & fast food, schools, etc.) through both a direct and indirect sales force
- Relationships with major distributors that can be developed into business (Jan/San & paper houses, foodservice distributors, general supply distributors, textile rental firms, & more.)
- Additionally, any experience with retailers such as mass merchants, office supply store chains, cash & carry outlets, and dollar stores as well as e-commerce is a plus.
- No sponsorship. Green card or US Citizen is a must.