Do you want to get in on the future of farming?
Location: United States (near any major airport)
Compensation: $90,000-$105,000 (DOE), all travel expenses paid + an additional $22,000/year travel per-diem
Are you ready for some serious challenges? The kind that will keep your brain racing and give you a sense of accomplishment when it’s all done. If so, then this is the job for you!
Irrigation system in action
Our client is on the forefront of the future of farming – with climate change immediately in front of us, new ways of feeding the world are being developed.
Additionally, with the majority of States legalizing cannabis (recreationally or medicinally), growers are looking for System Integrators who are experts in the intracies of “grow controls.” Because of our client’s expertise in this area, they are often “owner direct,” to the cultivators and not a “sub to the sub.”
If you have 5+ years of Johnson Controls (JCI) BAS experience and want to do more than just traditional BAS, then this opportunity may be for you.
👉 Training is provided.
- Our client is an authorized Johnson Controls integrator
- FX is used to control the HVAC (environmental) portion of the grow facility
- A firm well known for the “grow” controls provides the hardware & software for irrigation, fertigation, lighting, as well as the sensors for gathering the mounds of data needed to be processed for optimizing crop growth
- Our client designs, engineers, & oversees installation all as one complete unifying system
- It’s all pulled together & N4 is used on the front end for operator interface & control
Your Role & Opportunity
Bottom line: You are the Project Manager
- Key – Developing relationships with your customer is crucial for this position
- The Project Design Team hands over a project to you- one in which they also solicit your expertise and experience.
- You’ll liase with the contractors & subs via phone, Zoom, text, email during the early stages of the job providing input and guidance
- Once the installation is just about complete, you’ll travel to the grow facility where your work will include on-site installation support, panel terminations (if the electrical subs are inexperienced), download the programs, commission, start-up, and end user training
- As always there’s paperwork: document everything from start to finish including any communications between vendors, request for review, change orders, red lining, as builts, and final documentation
Are You the One?
- 4+ years experience with Johnson Controls building automation systems (Metasys or Facilities Explorer)
- Do you have some projects (they don’t have to be “huge” – just some decent sized projects where you were the main “go to person?”)
- Travel – the travel is 60% overnight travel to job sites. The rest is “work from home.” You are paid an extra $100/day tax free for all overnight travel stays (equivalent to $22,000 extra/year if taxable).
- One who likes people. Enjoys interacting with all of the trades, engineers, owners, vendors – everyone all alike
- Are you someone who works to the highest standard, takes ownership, proud of your work, and supportive of everyone around you?
- Niagara N4 certification is a plus
- Do you enjoy continous learning – the company will train you in “grow controls,” put you through N4 certification, & ensure you have all of the knowledge & expertise you need to be successful for the company and yourself. They help ensure you can professionally grow your career.
Compensation & Benefits
- Pay is DOE
- Another $15,000 (approximate) per year TAX FREE. (That is equivalent to $22,000 taxable income)
- All travel expenses are paid
- 75% of medical/dental insurance premiums are paid for you & your family
- 401k with matching
- 4% profit sharing
- Short term/long term disability
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org